Carnassarie Castle             Google Earth

Kilmartin

ca. 1km westlich der A816, ca. 2km nördlich von Kilmartin
1/2 mile west off the A816, about 1 mile north of Kilmartin

die Ruine des Carnassarie Castles steht hoch auf einem Hügel nördlich des Ortes Kilmartin. Das Castle wurde errichtet für den "Bischof der Inseln" im 16. Jahrhundert, während der unglückseligen Rebellion des Herzogs von Argyll im Jahre 1685 eingenommen und teilweise zerstört
ruined Carnassarie Castle stands high on a hill north of the village of Kilmartin. It was built for the Bishop of the Isles in the 16th century, but was captured and partially blown up during the Duke of Argyll's ill-fated rebellion in 1685.







neu laden - reload